Sutra is a minimal WordPress theme designed to get out of the way and put your writing, photos, etc. front and centre.
=== Sutra 2.2 ===
Tags: two-columns, minimal
Tested up to: 5.5.1
Minimal theme focussed on simplicity, putting your writing front and center.
=== How to Install ===
- Using your favourite FTP client upload the folder titled “Sutra” to wp-content/themes/
- Activate it by visiting your administration panel Appearance > Themes > Sutra
For more detailed information on how to upload themes or set-up WordPress
visit this page: http://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress
=== Theme Features & Usage Notes ===
A) Using your own Logo
Upload an image to show beneath the header text at Appearance > Header.
From the same screen you can hide the header text if desired.
B) Menus & Widgets
Without adding any widgets ( in the admin section Appearance > Widgets ) the left sidebar
will automatically show Menu, Categories, and Archives. The menu section will automatically include
a “Home” link as well as links to every “Page” on your site.
To select what items you want to include in this menu visit Appearance > Menus, then;
- Create a new menu named whatever you like (ie. top-navigation) and add items to it and save it.
- In the theme locations box (top left of menu page) select the name of your menu from the drop-down list
beneath the words “Primary Navigation”, press Save and you are all set.
Adding Widgets to the “Widgets” section will remove the Category & Archives sections,
the Menu will remain.
C) Adding a Photo Gallery
To add a photo gallery just drop this shortcode into your post ( include the square brackets )
This will create a blue box in your edit window, click on that and add images as normal.
The title of your image will be the title that shows on the individual image pages.
This theme has built in pagination so you do not need a plugin to add this functionality. When the
number of posts on a page reaches the number set in Settings > Reading “Blog pages to show at most”
then the page numbers will automatically appear.
=== Browser Support ===
Tested in Firefox 20
Internet Explorer 8,9,10
=== Release Notes ===
- removed depracted functions
- updated link styles
- resized main content areas
- fixed table styles, were collapsing.
- added input[type=”email”] for updated wpcf7
- updated CSS for pagination, removed height fix for multiple lines
- added transparency to menu a
- updated demo site address to sutra.systematick.com
- Removed .git directory
- Updated theme description.
- Major Update
- added responsive styles & select menu.
- removed social sharing features from posts, Jetpack handles it much better.
- major css rewrite, removed most px based sizes.
- added ability to upload a header image from: Appearance > Header.
- added ability to change blog title color.
- added .button class.
- updated Contact Form 7 error message styles.
- updated form input styles.
Version 1.1.5 :
- New submit button & form styling.
- Default styles for Contact Form 7 plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/
- Added borders & css3 drop shadows on comment avatars.
- Removed underline from links.
Version 1.1.4 :
- Removed fixed sidebar & header, fixed some css that caused problems on smaller screen sizes.
- Changed the_excerpt for the_content on main content loop.
- Moved social icons to below content rather than above.
Version 1.1.3 – Screenshot update
Version 1.1.2 – Final fix for Codex Approval
Version 1.1.1 – Updates to functions & search fix.
Version 1.1 – Replace Pagination code
Version 1.0 – Initial Release
=== Support ===
Feel free to contact me with any bugs or questions
If you use the theme please drop me a line and let me know, I’d love to
see what you do with it.